to Watch Marianne Williamson and Rep. Dennis Kucinich on CNN
an Audio Post card about the Peace Alliance
Listen to excerpts
from Southern California
Department of Peace National Campaign Coordinator
"It isn't enough to talk about peace.
One must believe in it.
And it isn't enough to believe in it.
Once must work at it."
DOWNLOADS & MATERIALS ~
Below are suggestions, step by step instructions, info and templates
for hosting a house party as an event to promote DoP.
HOUSE PARTY TEMPLATE from the
PEACE ALLIANCE: in rtf. format
A HOUSE PARTY INVITATION SAMPLE: in msword format
Please see our Outreach Kit section for files
of hand-outs that you can available at your House Party.
POWERPOINT PRESENTATION ON DOP:
available to download
D-52's Outreach Chair, Rita, Shares her House Party Tips
Click here to download Rita's
sample invitation. Please customize for your party.
Below our some ideas from Rita, based on her last House Party:
- have an event you will enjoy
- invite people you feel safe having at your home:
neighbors you know, friends, coworkers and ask them all to invite their
- a short open house would be good so those who just want to learn
can come and leave - I set mine too long and spent a lot of time waiting
(2 hours good, 5 way too much)
- add a pot luck for those who want a social even t- most of those
who attended this were friends and DOP members
- send a flyer/invite around
- attach material to flyer about DOP so people learn about it even
if they don't come
- have materials available and items for sale
- I had a poster discussing various issues - put snacks near the poster/materials
- Have a video regarding the DOP to show at various intervals
- People eat and drink less than I thought so have things you will
- Enjoy the event !
NOTE: DOP/AFDOP informational video/DVDs are available
for showing at your House Party. Please contact us at email@example.com
to borrow one.
Thanks to Curt Clay for the photos at Rita's!
Americans for the Department of Peace (AFDOP)
is a citizens’ group advocating passage of the Bill to establish
a cabinet level U.S. Department of Peace.
We are the Southern California chapter of the national organization to
advocate for this Bill, “The Peace Alliance”: